The Presidency and Executive Committee are governing bodies of the CSD.
The President has the rank of State Secretary. He/she is named and removed from office by the Council of Ministers and serves as representative and overall director of the Agency.
(Royal legislative decree 2582/96)
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is made up of representatives from the State Administration, Regional Government (Autonomous Regions), the Spanish Sports Federations and people of recognised prestige from the world of sport.
The Executive Committee is constituted as the Governing Body at the heart of the CSD, and its specific powers are established in Art. 10 of Sports Act 10/90, while its composition and functioning are established in Royal Legislative Decree 1970/1999.
The powers of the CSD’s Executive Committee are:
- To authorise or revoke, with due justification, the constitution of the Spanish Sports Federations.
- To approve definitively the statutes and regulations of the Spanish Sports Federations, the professional sports Leagues and the Associations of sports clubs, authorising their inscription on the corresponding Register of Sports Associations.
- To designate the members of the Spanish Disciplinary Committee for Sports.
- To suspend, with due justification, in a precautionary and provisional manner, the President and other members of Government and controlling bodies of the Spanish Sports Federations and the Professional Leagues, and to call together said professional bodies for cases referred to in article 43,b) and c), of Sports Act 10/1990, of 15 October.
- To recognise the existence of a sporting discipline to the intents and purposes of the Sports Act.
- To classify official, professional, state competitions.
- To authorise the inscription of the Spanish Sports Federations in the corresponding international Sports Federations.
- To authorise the inscription of Sports Companies in the Register of Sports Associations.
- To prepare the studies and reports requested by the President.
- Those that expressly attribute additional regulatory guidelines of a substantive nature to the body.
- The Executive Committee will meet at least once per quarter in regular session, by request of its President.
The agenda, fixed by the President, will accompany the meeting announcement.
- Decisions will be approved by majority amongst those in attendance. If there is no majority, the vote of the President will be decisive.
- Outside the content of this article, the functioning of the Executive Committee will be governed by the articles relating to professional bodies in Act 30/1992 regarding the Legal Regulation of Public Administrative Bodies and Standard Administrative Procedure.
a) President: The State Secretary-President of the National Sports Agency.
b) Vice-president: The Director-General of Sports at the National Sports Agency.
- Five members representing the State Administration, named directly by the President of the National Sports Agency from persons in public office of the State Administration, at a minimum grade of Sub-Director-General.
- Four members representing the Autonomous Regions, proposed by the Regional Governments concerned and named by the President of the National Sports Agency.
- Three members representing Local Bodies, named by the President of the National Sports Agency from the names proposed by the Association of Local Bodies with most support in the state sphere.
- Six members representing the Spanish Sports Federations, proposed by the federations concerned and named by the President of the National Sports Agency.
- Four members designated by the President of the National Sports Agency from a selection of persons of recognised prestige in the world of sport. Three of these members will be chosen as follows: one proposed by the Spanish Olympic Committee; one proposed by the professional leagues; another proposed by the professional sporting associations of those disciplines with official, professional, national competitions.
In the Executive Committee there will also be a representative from the State Legal Service, with voice but without vote.
The General Assembly for Sport
Besides the Governing Bodies, there is also the General Assembly for Sport, whose objective is:
To advise the President of the CSD in the areas of sport they recommend. (Art. 86, Act 10/90). Presided by the President of the CSD, it is made up of representatives from State Administration, Regional Government (Autonomous Regions), Local Authorities, Spanish Sports Federations, Professional Leagues and specially qualified persons.